Information about Us
This website is operated by Wickes Building Supplies Limited (Wickes, we, us, our), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 1840419 and with its registered office at Vision House, 19 Colonial Way, Watford, WD24 4JL. Our VAT number is 336725881.
To contact us, please see our Contact us page.
Wickes Building Supplies Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry on credit broking with number 363676.
These terms and conditions confirm the legal terms (Terms) on which we will sell the Product(s) (Product(s)) listed on our website (Website) and website in-store (Website In-store) (collectively our Sites).
These Terms apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products (Contract). Please read them carefully and make sure that you understand them before you place your order. You should also print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
Use of our Sites
Your right to access and use of our Sites is subject to our Terms of website use.
How we use your personal information
How the contract is formed between us
Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process.
After you place an order, we will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received it (Order Acknowledgement). However, this does not mean that your order has been accepted by us.
Unless you cancel your order in accordance with our Cancellations, Returns and refunds policy (see below) (see below) or we have contacted you to confirm that we are unable to accept your order, our acceptance of your order will occur automatically on the earlier of the date we deliver the Products to you or 7 days following the date we send our Order Acknowledgement e-mail. The Contract between us will only be formed at this time.
We reserve the right to reject any order for any reason and no order will be accepted until payment is received in full for all Products and any related delivery charges.
We reserve the right to reject or cancel an order if we suspect that you are buying Products to resell for your own business purposes in a manner that we consider in our sole discretion could be damaging to our brand, customer proposition or business.
All orders are subject to stock availability. If we are unable to supply any of the Products that you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that an out-of-stock Product is part of an order and we cannot contact you, we will send what Products we have in stock, refunding the purchase price of any unavailable Product where payment has already been made.
How to pay
You can pay for Products ordered on our Website by debit or credit card, or by PayPal. We accept the following cards: Visa and Mastercard credit cards and Maestro, Delta and Visa Electron debit cards. Payment for Products (including delivery charges) will be debited from your payment card (or PayPal account where relevant) at the time of placing your order. This does not mean that your order has been accepted and, if for any reason, your order is not accepted or we are unable to supply the Products you have ordered a full refund will be issued.
If you pay for Products using PayPal, in order to confirm your identity and ensure your PayPal account is not being used without your consent, we will validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By using PayPal as a payment method, you consent to these checks being made and confirm that the PayPal account being used is yours. All PayPal payments are subject to authorisation by PayPal.
If you place an order on our Website In-store, you will be required to make payment at the till using the following accepted payment methods: cash, Visa and Mastercard credit cards and Maestro, Delta, American Express and Visa Electron debit cards and also Wickes gift cards.
Price of Products
The prices displayed on our Sites are largely the same as our in-store prices. However, we may offer different prices for Products purchased from our Sites to those in store. These prices may be higher or lower than in our stores and our stores are under no obligation to match the prices quoted on our Sites, likewise the Sites are under no obligation to match in-store prices. Online-only promotions apply to transactions made on our Sites only.
The price you pay for your products is the price displayed on our site at the time we receive your order. We take care to ensure that the prices of Products on our Sites are correct. However, due to the large number of Products on our Sites it is possible that, despite our best efforts, some of them may be incorrectly priced. We normally verify product prices following receipt of an order and if we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to give you the option of continuing to purchase the product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a pricing error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price even if we have failed to notify you that we do not accept your order within 7 days of our sending our Order Acknowledgement.
The price of all Products includes VAT (where applicable) but does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time (see Delivery section below).
For full details of our delivery service, delivery locations and charges please refer to our Delivery information and charges.
All quoted delivery dates and times are estimates. Although we will try our best to meet them we will not be responsible if we are unable to do so. We will let you know if we cannot deliver your products within 30 days of when we receive your payment and will give you the option to either wait for the products or cancel your order and receive a full refund.
We strongly recommend that you do not book fitters or tradespersons until your order has been delivered and checked by you. We cannot be held responsible for any third-party costs or charges which you incur due to non-delivery of an order, or orders that have not been checked on delivery.
We are not able to process orders or deliver on UK Bank Holidays or Sundays.
All orders will be delivered to a single address. For security reasons your first order using a credit/debit card when placed on our website or by phone will need to be delivered to the cardholder's address. Subsequent orders can then be made to an alternative address. Orders made on our website in-store do not need to be delivered to the cardholder’s address.
To minimise inconvenience we will, wherever possible, try to make one single delivery to you. This means that if your order contains a mix of products with different delivery lead times, the longest lead time will apply to the whole order. When you place an order containing a mix of products including 'Supplier Delivered' items, one single delivery will not be possible as 'Supplier Delivered' products are delivered direct from the supplier.
All deliveries must be received and signed for by a person over the age of 18. If no-one is available to take the delivery, we will leave details at the address to rearrange delivery. We may need to make an additional handling charge for redelivery. Should no-one be available to take the redelivery we may cancel the order and refund your money, excluding any delivery charges.
We want to ensure that everything is right with your order, so please make sure that you carefully check it on receipt and ideally notify our customer services team within 24 hours via telephone or online chat if any products are missing or damaged. By notifying us within this time frame it smooths the investigation process and we can organise a redelivery, replacement or collection as appropriate.
Due to insurance guidelines, our delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. For Big & Bulky deliveries, delivery will be to the kerbside of the address. For all other deliveries, delivery will be to the ground floor doorstep of the delivery address. The recipient of the delivery is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been completed.
Big & Bulky deliveries
We are dedicated to getting your order to you as promised and safely. Please be aware that it will be necessary to deliver most Big and Bulky orders on a flat bed truck fitted with a hydraulic crane, which can weight up to 26 tons with an approximate length of 9 metres, fitted with extending leg supports required when using the crane.
Safety is paramount, and our drivers will first do a safety check on arrival to ensure there are no issues with the ground, overhead cables and public access before commencing delivery. Unfortunately, if there are any safety or access issues we will not be able to complete the delivery and the driver's decision is final.
Should this occur our team will discuss with you what options are available, including refunding your order.
We use pallets to delivery the majority of these products. These form part of the product packaging and are non-returnable. You can reuse these pallets or alternatively dispose of them independently.
Risk of loss and damage in the Products will pass to you on the date when the Products are delivered or on the date on which we make our first attempt to deliver them to you.
Returns and refunds
To see our returns and refunds policy, please click here.
Except for the remedies set out in our Refunds and returns section (see above), if any Product which we supply is proven to be damaged or defective we will either repair or replace the Product or offer a refund less a fair amount on account of your use of the Product.
Where we are unable to perform our obligations under the Contract due to matters outside of our control or if we supply a Product that is damaged or defective we will not in any circumstances accept liability for any claim to recover loss of profits or any special or indirect loss, damage or expense. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits in any way our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability;
As a consumer customer you may have additional legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described and nothing in these Terms affects these rights. Further advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
As a responsible retailer, we are aware that minors can incorrectly use some DIY Products. We do not knowingly sell to children and orders may only be placed by persons aged 18 or over.
Other important terms
We reserve the rights to make changes to these Terms. Any changes will be posted to the site and will take effect immediately. You should therefore read the Terms each time you place an order with us.
Our site and its contents and any Contract formed as a result of its use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase please contact our customer service team. Please complete our contact form, or telephone us on 0330 123 4123. We will try to resolve any issues that you have as quickly as possible. If you remain unhappy with our final response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to The Furniture Ombudsman.
You may also access the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Portal.
Click & collect terms & conditions
Our Click & Collect service is not available for ‘to order only’ and home delivered products.
Click & Collect orders can be made at any time on our website, via our Call Centre by calling 0330 123 4123 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 5.30pm on Saturdays and between 10am and 4pm on Sundays (your call will be charged at the same rate as calling a landline, call rates from mobile providers will var.) or on our website In-store during normal store opening times.
Subject to stock availability, we will aim to ensure that Click & Collect orders are available for collection from the nominated store within 1 store trading hour of our first email confirming your order number. Please check your store’s trading hours as these may vary. Please wait for your e-mail and/or SMS confirming your order is ready to collect.
During busy times we may not be able to have your Click & Collect order ready within 1 hour, particularly if the order is placed outside of our store trading hours. To avoid an unnecessary journey or long wait at the store, please wait for your e-mail and/or SMS confirmation that your order is ready to collect.
Once your order has been placed you will receive an email confirming your order number. A second email, which will contain a collection PIN number, will be sent to confirm when your order is available for collection. If you have chosen to collect items from more than one store then each store will contact you separately to inform you that your item(s) are ready for collection.
Orders will be held for 48 hours from the time we send our e-mail to confirm that your order is available for collection. If you have not collected your order within this timeframe you will be contacted by the store. We reserve the right to automatically cancel and refund any orders not collected within 5 days.
When collecting your order please ensure that you have your order confirmation email which contains the collection PIN number (either printed or on your phone), together with the payment card used to make the purchase as Wickes reserve the right to see this card before releasing the products.
If 3rd parties are collecting products on your behalf they must have a copy of the order confirmation email containing the collection PIN number. Wickes reserve the right to ask to see photo ID, such as a valid photo card driving licence or passport which will be photocopied by the store before the products are released. Please note that products will not be released to non-approved collection or courier companies.
In accordance with our returns policy you can return any product (including special order products, but excluding made to measure products or bespoke products which you do not require to the store for a refund, provided we are advised of the proposed return within 30 days of the product being collected by you.
If you have paid by PayPal, please bring a copy of your order confirmation (either printed or on your phone), together with photographic ID, such as a valid driving licence.
If you wish for your order to be collected by a third party, they will need to bring a copy of your order confirmation (either printed or on your phone), together with photographic ID, such as a valid driving licence.
#YesWickes - giving Wickes usage rights to your image
We love seeing how customers use our products in their homes and it’s a great way for us to inspire others. Your photo caught our eye so we’re hoping you’ll give us permission to be able to share it more widely.
To be 100% clear, we need you to confirm a few things before we can use it. So, to protect you and us, here’s the legal bit.
By uploading your content directly on our website, or by responding to our request to use your content and including the hashtag #YesWickes on social media, you confirm:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- You own all rights in and to your content, or if the content is subject to third party proprietary rights such as a homeowner, you have all necessary consents to publish the content you submit and you grant the rights herein, including permission from the homeowner.
- You grant Wickes and its third party service provider who provide content management services, Olapic, a non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, royalty free, revocable licence to use your content for marketing purposes, including but not limited to Wickes webpages, social media platforms, store materials, printed marketing, promotional emails and advertisements and in other marketing.
- You grant Wickes the licence to reproduce, display, distribute, combine with other materials or edit your content in any manner.
- You grant Wickes the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, caption, location or other identifying information in connection with any of your content.
- You understand we are under no obligation to publish your content on our website or social media accounts.
- The content is not defamatory to Wickes, offensive or obscene.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will Wickes be liable for any damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental special consequential or punitive damages.
- You will indemnify, defend, and hold Wickes harmless from and against any claims, damages, liabilities, costs in connection with the use of the content.
- If you change your mind you can simply revoke the granting of these rights set herein by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of pictures is Wickes looking for?
Wickes sells thousands of different products for projects as varied as hanging a mirror or painting a hall, through to decking a garden or transforming a kitchen. We know that our customers love to see these products being used in real life - especially when it comes to inspiring projects like kitchen installations, bathroom makeovers, flooring options, paint colours, tiles and decking. If you’ve used a Wickes product in your home or garden project and can take a good clear photo of it, we’d love to see how it turned out.
How and where will Wickes use my photo?
It could feature in our marketing material, including (but not limited to) Wickes webpages, social media platforms, in-store materials, printed marketing materials, promotional emails, brochures, flyers and advertisements. You are effectively granting Wickes and its third party service provider who provide content management services, Olapic, a non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, royalty free, revocable licence to use your photo (a reproduction or an altered version of) as mentioned.
Why do I have to give permission to Wickes?
We want to make sure that everything is above board and we are using your photos legally. By giving permission on the wickes.co.uk website or by responding with #YESwickes to a message on Instagram you confirm that (i) you own all rights in and to your photos, (ii) you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your photos and the permission from any homeowner(s) whose property appears in your photos to grant the rights herein, (iii) you are over 18 years of age and (iv) Wickes’ use of your Instagram photos does not infringe the rights of any third party or violate any law. Moreover, you indemnify, defend, and hold Wickes harmless from and against any claims, damages, liabilities, costs in connection with the use of the content.
What if I change my mind after I’ve agreed?
That’s no problem, we’ll remove any pictures you’ve given us permission to use. If your photo is used on Wickes.co.uk, simply click on the “report a photo” icon and we’ll get a message to remove it. For images used elsewhere e.g in an email or on Instagram, email us a screenshot or a photo of the image to email@example.com and let us know that you would like to revoke the granting of rights to Wickes. We’ll do our best to respond to your request within 7 working days.
I’m a tradesperson using Wickes materials on my jobs - can I give consent?
We love seeing pictures of all kinds of projects, whether they’re bathrooms or kitchens fitted by professionals like you, or any other jobs carried out on behalf of a homeowner. But, it’s important that you have the express permission of the homeowner before you grant us any rights to your content.
I’m a Wickes Design Consultant. Can I give consent to photos of my designs being used?
As someone who sees so many Wickes kitchen styles, worktops, tiles and flooring being used in customers’ homes, your photos will be really helpful. However, please make sure that you have permission, in writing, from the homeowner before granting rights to any images.
Wickes text messages
Wickes text messages are governed by the following terms and conditions:
- You agree Wickes may send you text messages (including SMS and MMS) about any current or future products, offerings, events, promotions to any mobile phone number you provide and are opted in
- Message and data rates may apply and you agree to pay the charges to your mobile provider or to have them deducted from your pre-paid balance for this service
- Wickes does not impose a separate fee for sending Wickes text messages
Wickes Community Programme Competition - June 2022 Terms and conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Wickes Building Supplies Ltd, whose registered address is Vision House, 19 Colonial Way, Watford, WD24 4JL
- The competition is open to organisations where our stores are located. All charities, organisations and community groups should submit their own entry. Only one entry per community group.
- By participating in the competition, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding in all matters related to the competition.
- Employees of the Promoter, any of the Promoter’s agencies and any of their parent, subsidiary and/or affiliate companies as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter.
- The winner will receive £10,000 towards the renovation of their community space could be spent on products and labour. Wickes accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize beyond the £10,000 prize fund.
- The £10,000 cash prize to be paid into the bank account of the registered charity or community organisation
- Entrants should complete their application via https://www.wickes.co.uk/community-programme and provide a minimum of 100 words as to why their charity/organisation/ community group should win the £10,000 prize money and what they would spend it on.
- A short list will be selected and those entrants may be asked to send in photos of the community space they wish to transform using the £10,000 prize money.
- Winners will be also be given a Wickes Trade Pro discount card to use up until 28 February 2023
- The competition runs between 9am Wednesday 15th June 2022 until 23:59 on Friday 15th July 2022.
- The winner will be selected by 3 independent panel members including Kimberley Walsh after the competition has closed
- Winner will be contacted via email within 28 days of the competition closing
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify or request evidence from the winner that they meet the entry requirements, as set out in point 1 above. In the event that the Promoter discovers the criteria have not been met, does not receive the documents requested or they have not provided evidence to the Promoter’s satisfaction that they are an eligible participant, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw/not award the Prize to the winner, select a new winner and/or recover the Prize from the winner.
- Prize money will be transferred once due diligence checks have taken place on the winning charity/organisation/community group. If they don't meet the criteria we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner
- In the event that the winner cannot be contacted for any reason within 28 days, the Promoter reserves the right to randomly select an alternative winner. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability to contact a winner.
- The name of the winner can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, transferable and is not redeemable for any other prizes.Entrants agree that if selected as the winner, they shall participate in reasonable publicity including but not limited to publishing their name, organisation and photograph on all Wickes own channels including website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Content may also be shared on Kimberley Walsh channels. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize fund or accepting the Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize fund with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Prize fund or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the Prize fund may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.